Thursday, January 1, 2009

Buy Michigan Now is a great website.

Have you been to Buy Michigan Now? it is a great website that is all about supporting our state. They have tips on how you can focus your shopping and direct more money to support Michigan business.There is a pledge you can take to support Michigan businesses. And they list all kinds of businesses with products made in our great state.It really got me thinking and now when I shop for groceries or anything else, I start with the narrow focus of "how can I spend my money to best benefit my local economy", then I widen that to "regional economy", then I widen that to include anything in the state of Michigan.Every little bit helps. It might cost a little bit more to buy something from a local provider than it does at a big box chain, but the local business owners are the ones who keep things afloat in YOUR neighborhood.Check it out here:

http://www.buymichigannow.com/

No comments: